Thursday, March 19, 2009

The Highwayman

In honor of Nin, whom I will miss so very much.

And if the tears never seem to dry
Let them fall
Let them run down your cheeks
Down the crevices of your face
Let them flood down your soul
Cleansing in its wake
Let them be your melody
To the accompaniment of screams
Of curses
To the gray sky
Crying with you.

But remember to breathe
Remember what it is like with the sun
That light of warmth
The bane of my existence
Remember this and laugh
And then the tears will dry
And then your heart will stitch together
And come back
Come back to the body it has missed
Since before the tears
Before the advent
Before the smile

Remember me
Don’t ever forget
And move laughingly on
To that wide horizon
As I walk to that single point
To meet you.

This is not the end

This is merely the beginning of the next book.

I wrote this for you. Erm, I hope it's okay.
Come visit me soon.

No comments: