Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Almost Easy

I feel really fat. Like really really fat. I ate too much over this break (because my dang parents keep feeding me!). So now I have this bulging belly that threatens to become the next zeppelin. I can't wait to get back to college and go to the gym. I suppose that I could use the excercise bike here, but that would attract stares and questions and pointing fingers of smaller siblings, and the less attention my fat gets, the happier I will be.

On the up-side, we're about to trek out to the library. I will be getting a new card signifying that I have, in fact, turned 18 (because everyone knows it's not official until you get a new library card). This also means I can check out movies. I'm going to get "500 Days of Summer", "The Hunchback of Notre Dame", and "Never Been Kissed". The only one that might not work out is "The Hunchback of Notre Dame", but only because my mother hates that movie, and since I'm living in her house I have to play by her rules. I, on the other hand, consider that to be one of my favorite movies period.

I registered for next semester's classes, and I got so excited because I finally found an English class that had reopened and I got the last seat. And then I looked up the Women's Choir that I'm going to be auditioning for. They practice three days a week. On one of those days is my English class. Stab to the heart. I'm still going to try out, and see if the conductor will let me still join if I promise to practice really hard. I want this spot in the choir. They get to sing in the April General Conference. Heck yes, I'm going to find a way to be in this choir.

I'm ready to go back to college. I absolutely LOVE my family, but I'm very much ready to be independent again. Although, I have to admit, having full-course meals being served every night, complete with vegetables and other delicious things that you didn't have to monetarily worry over, is quite a trade-off. But I'm ready to be back in my own room.

The first thing I'm going to do when I get to college is go to Wal*Mart and buy a Fry-Daddy. Yessir, I'ma gettin' me a deep-fryer. That way I can make spicy chicken and potato skins and french fries to my heart's content. I love bein' from the South.

LIBRARY!

No comments: