Monday, October 17, 2011

Love, Can You Hear Me?

Here I am, procrastinating homework, wiping sleep from my tired eyes, trying to find a reason to do this pointless "aura-gram" assignment. The auras I see are much cooler. Not as informative, but much cooler.

I also need to retake my online Music 101 vocab test. I got a high "C" on it the first time (not too bad for not having reviewed beforehand), and I can retake as many times as I want, so long as I don't use my notes.

My favorite Pandora station is about to put me to sleep.

If I could just get a move on and do my work, I might be able to do something with my life (or at least with my dorm) before my classes start. Why is motivation so elusive?

I really want to write. And I'm not talking about essays. I'm talking about stories, whether by myself, or with someone else. I need creativity, I need creation, I need to build worlds and characters and relationships.

I might have a really big crush. It looks hopeless at this point, but I've been talking to him (electronically, since I can't face-to-face) and...I don't know how to describe it. I feel floaty. Happy. But I know that as soon as he gets here he'll probably forget he ever knew me and meet some girl and fall in love and oops, there goes the sound of another broken heart of mine. My supply is getting low. I have to guard them carefully. When will I ever learn that?

--Soren, out.

No comments: